Patty Proctor and I have met and agreed that we're ON for tomorrow's hike! Meet in the parking lot at the Biltmore in Crystal Bay at 7:30 sharp! Sam, Suzie and Marlene and I will drive everyone to the endpoint. . We'll drop two cars off at the endpoint, and then we'll all set off in the remaining two cars to the start. The hike is only 6.3 miles long, so we should be done before the snow starts! But, dress warmly!
We talked about it last night, and I think everyone agreed to take ownership of a hike or two. When you "take ownership", it just means that you put it on our calendar and blog, figure out how we're going to get there, where we're going to park, what time we should meet, etc. For some of the longer hikes, we may be able to use the vans at the IV Rec. Center. Suzie is in charge of the longest hike! I think Thursdays usually work out the best for almost everyone, but feel free to pick a better day of the week if it works best for you. And, you can also plan a random hike on any day (Skunk Harbor, the meadow while the wildflowers are in bloom, Spooner to Marlette, etc)...I am NOT the boss here!
We're going to start off with the easiest hikes and the least distance (makes sense, right?). I'll take ownership of the first two hikes...Ward Canyon to Tahoe City South and Kingsbury North to Kingsbury South (7.3 miles. Easy-medium). You should be able to add your hike to the calendar and it'll appear in all of our google calendars and on the blog. Let Lori know (lori.r.bard@gmail.com, 650-867-2067) if you need technology help..happy to help. Or, just send me what you want to say, and I'll post it on the blog and calendar Here's the link to the Tahoe Rim Trail broken down into as small of hikes as we've found so far...welcome to divide up some of those longer hikes if someone figures out how to!
I made this packing list, in case anyone wants it..let me know if I forgot something:
Oh, and the Tee Shirts are on order. Here's the link to what you ordered and I've also put in the date you paid, if you paid. As soon as they are shipped, I'll let you know!
Other items you might want to add to packing list. Hiking poles, phone charger, leatherman (suggestion) multi-purpose tool, wipes, hand sanitizer, kleenex.
ReplyDelete