Monday, August 2, 2021

Hike this Wednesday/ TRT, We're back!

 Trekkers,


Blue skies are back again! Let's try last week's scheduled hike again!

I hope you're all ready to hike a small segment of the TRT  this Wednesday (calendar link).  We'll be hiking from Watson Lake to Tahoe City North (the second hike on this list). We'll meet in the back of the Biltmore parking lot at 7:00AM (I know, it's early! But, it takes some time to get cars to Tahoe City and then drive back to Watson Lake...and we need time for pictures and snack/lunch breaks.)  It's marked as a. 12.5 mile, Easy to Moderate level hike. Please let me know if you're in and willing to drive, and we'll figure out how many cars we need.  We'll park some cars in Tahoe City North and take the others to Watson Lake and start from there. Maybe someone can find the hike on AllTrails or Guthook, but this is the only description I found.  After this hike, I think our group has taken on about 1/3 of the TRT in 2021! I don't think any of us have made all the TRT hikes, so we'll have to do some "makeups" at some point!

I think some boys may join us this week. That's great! The more the merrier!

If you haven't already done your clicking, remember to do so! Our team has now raised $525 for the Tahoe Rim Trail and is in possession of 5 super cute tee shirts. The Tahoe Rim Trail is celebrating its 40th anniversary and is challenging us to hike 40 miles. I think we can do it! Anyway, first click here and give a donation. If you donate over $25 you get a Tee shirt (I know, it just keeps getting better!). Let me know if you donate $25 or over and let me know what size you want (they are the Tee shirts for both men and women so go a size smaller than your usual woman's size).  

AND, click here! Click on the red button that says "Register for the 2021 Challenge Here". You can put your name in and click on our team name. It doesn't cost anything. I can't actually tell you what kind of benefit it will bring to you, but it only takes a minute and can't hurt! Also, you can start recording your miles hiked on the TRT this year. Both Sherry Covell and I are on the winners list!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hike up Tunnel Creek Road

Photos from the hike on 4/24!